Insurance Company Notices
From time-to-time insurance companies will inspect properties they insure. If a high risk situation is observed, they will usually notify the management company, board of directors, or the owner so that appropriate action can be taken.
The most likely violations to be reported are:
- Gates or locks not working properly
- Slip and fall hazards requiring repair
- Inadequate or missing pool warning signs or safety equipment
- Fire extinguishers in need servicing
- Trash bins not closed (fire hazard)
- Excessive weeds near buildings
- Burned out exterior light bulbs
Property managers, boards, and owners should be alert to possible risks and should do everything reasonably possible to minimize them.
Any notice requiring an acknowledgment that a repair must be made must be brought to the attention of the appropriate individuals in writing as soon as possible.
San Diego HOA Management